Monday, November 07, 2005

5th Line of 23rd Post

A meme I saw on Mimi's blog prompted me to look this up for myself.

The 5th line of my 23rd post is the following:
"The last sentence gave me pause: 'But don't despair: science has proven that "Happy Couplehood" has only a six-month duration (a year, tops), so they'll be immersed in the unpleasantness of everyday existence soon enough, just like the rest of us.'"
Read here for the context. Thanks, Mimi. All you other veteran bloggers, let's hear it!

1 comment:

Mimi said...

That's such an interesting theory - that soon a couple will be bickering? I agree with you, we are in the midst of our 14th year of marriage, and while it's been a lot of hard work and many, many ups and downs - I think we still have a lot of "get a room" moments because we do work on our relationship and are demonstrative in our affection.

I think that you and Audra have a similar theory, and I think it's a very good thing and should be the root of our marriages. Martyrdom it is, but in a good way!

It's kind of fun to look back at the blog, isn't it?