Saturday, May 13, 2006

More Funny Stuff...

...from The Onion Dome's Orthodox Bumper Sticker contest a while back. Some of my favs:
  • My Church wrote your Bible.
  • Horn Broken, Listen for Anathema
  • Orthodoxy — Ancestors you can’t remember are part of our Church
  • Wisdom! Let us attend… to the road!
  • Have you kised your Mother’s Icon today?
  • Your Mother Church — keeping the “Ma” in “dogma.”
  • Orthodoxy: If It Aint’ Broke.…
  • Honk if you know what this means: IC XC NIKA
  • Being Saved
  • Universality, Antiquity, Consent
  • 51% Atkins-Friendly
  • Not so Close! I may need to do prostrations.
  • The Orthodox Church: Not Only Standing for the Truth, But Never Sitting Down Either
  • I (heart) Theotokos
  • Fish Sticks have NO BACKBONE!
  • Orthodoxy: Kickin’ it old school since 33 A.D.
  • I’d rather be censing.
  • Eat my antidoron.

11 comments:

Stacy said...

Ooo... those are fun. Thanks for sharing. I like #1 and #7.

Fr. David said...

Yeah, No. 1 is a good conversation starter. Audra's fav is "I (Heart) Theotokos"; I like "Being Saved."

Rhology said...

Ah dude, those are SO bad. :-P

I laughed at #s 1, 3, 6, 7, 8, 12, 13, 15.
#17 I don't know.
#8 I don't know but it's still funny.
#14 about fish sticks, lost. Must be an Orthodox thing; I wouldn't understand. Right? ;-)

Fr. David said...

"I'd rather be censing": Censing is the verb associated with incense, i.e., "to cense the icons and the faithful with incense, which is held in the censer that the priest swings around.

IC XC NIKA -- Greek for Jesus Christ (IesouC XristoC) conquers (NIKA).

We fast from animals during fasting periods, and the only meat that's an exception are seafood w/no backbone or blood -- shrimp, crawfish, etc. So fish have a backbone, but...ah-HAH!...fish STICKS do NOT!

Rhology said...

Maybe I miscounted. I know "censing," but I don't know "antidoron." Perhaps a google or wikipedia search would be useful here. If I'm not too lazy, that is...

Rhology said...

Oh, I remember the antidoron now! Thank you, OrthodoxWiki!

Mimi said...

Bwahahahahahaha! I love these.

I attend the same parish as the Intrepid Editor of the Onion Dome. That's my claim to fame.

Xenia Kathryn said...

I have one:

"I've been exorcised"

haha... my lame contribution! :D Thanks for sharing these!

Rhology said...

XK,

Ha ha, that really IS a good one! I like it among the best.

Anonymous said...

Just came across your blog from... some other Orthodox blog... :) Wow, the fish sticks one is one of the funniest things I've read for awhile. I want a bumper sticker that says that, never mind that *no one* would get it.

Fr. David said...

I want one that says, "Free Constantinople!"